Saturday, March 2, 2013

Update on DiDi



Hi Guys, 

There's really no real point to my post today except to tell you that my girl DiDi is not doing well.  Over the last month she has really gone down hill. 

She's blind, can barely walk and now seems to be confused mentally.  She's not acting like herself. 

Even though it kills me to admit it, I think the time is here to put an end to what has turned into a very low quality of life. 

We've been talking about this more seriously the past couple of weeks.  We have tried everything to help her, but nothing seems to help and with barely being able to get up now she often ends up laying in her own urine and feces.  As you know, we work most of the time, so that is not fair to her. 

I know all this sounds like me just trying to justify our decision. You're right. 

We don't want to give up. 

I will be calling our vet on Monday morning to make an appointment on Monday, March 11th 2013, so if I don't do a blog this coming week, its because I'm preparing my heart for the ache to come.  I'll be bathing my girl, loving my girl, helping my girl until the day we say good bye. 

It is the hardest decision we've ever made. We would prefer her to go on her own....but, she has always been a tough cookie. We'll see.

Thanks for just letting a girl vent. 

Until next time friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment