Sunday, August 12, 2012

Kim's Sausage Stuffing and an Update on Di-Di

Hello Everyone!

Today you'll find me working side by side with hubby.... a nice day.  We're getting closer to our son going back to school and I have to admit that I'm looking forward to cool days and crisp nights.  It's fun to look at Halloween inspired crafts and decorations on Pinterest. So, I thought I'd share a recipe that I love and it's great for cooler weather. It's from Kim at www.homesteadacres.com  I love their blog and videos!  I have learned so much.  This is an awesome recipe that my family loves!

Sausage Stuffing

1lb Pork sausage (whatever flavor you like)
2 celery sticks diced small
1 medium onion diced the same size as celery
1 green pepper diced (this is optional- I didn't use it because it irritates hubby's stomach, still delish either way!)
1/2 stick melted butter
1/4 c. chicken stock
cubed day old stale bread (cubes about an inch thick)

Brown sausage on medium in large skillet.  When sausage is almost finished add onion and celery.  Cook until sausage is finished. 
Combine sausage mixture and bread cubes in oven safe casserole dish.  Drizzle butter and stock over the top of the mixture and cover with foil.  Bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees F. 

So Yummy! 

Now onto the Update on Di-Di. 

I will be taking Di-Di to the vet tomorrow.  When I got up this morning there were several spots of clear urine with blood on the floor downstairs.  She has had urinary tract infections before, but normally there are only little dabs in the litter box, and I notice her squatting a lot.  This is different because there was quite a bit of urine, thick blood with clots, almost like she couldn't control it.  Scary, but I'm hoping it's just a bad infection. No vets are open today, and she is comfortable now.   I will update as soon I we get news. 

Have a great day everyone and fingers crossed for my girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment