Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Mark and Anna's Splendid Garden Dinner

Hello Everyone! 

Sometimes I forget that meals don't have to be so fussy and "planned".... it can be just a bunch of interesting and tasty treats to fill your belly.  That's why I was so taken with this simple dinner.  Mark and Anna of  www.waldeneffect.org  gave me this wonderful dinner idea.  A little background on this couple is they live in southwest Virginia.  They live on over 50acres and are being quite successful in being self sufficient.  I love their blog and is such an inspiration to me for my little patch of the world. 

Here is what they had for dinner one evening and every bit of food on their plates came from their garden and chickens.

Scrambled eggs with herbs
Tomatoes
green beans
corn
pickles and.....
raspberries

I made this for my guys just last week and I wish I took a picture.  Not only was it tasty, but so pretty! I have to admit that hubby was not so excited about it, but confessed that the meal was "not horrid" after he had eaten every last bit of his meal.  My son was happy with his meal, and even happier that I had replaced his serving of eggs with toast with peanut butter.  (He is NOT a fan of anything eggy!)

So there it is.... my first experience with trying a blog recipe.  Well, this case not a recipe, but just a great idea!  Stop over at their blog sometime, you'll be sure to like it!

Until next time friends!!

No comments:

Post a Comment