Thursday, March 29, 2012

Many different hats...

I had to apologize to my husband this morning.  I had been very short with him both last night and this morning.  I tried to blame my being a meany on PMS, but after digging a little deeper, I knew that I was letting some resentment build up in me.... Opening a business is definitely work, but now we've hit a new level of work.  Knowing there is less than 2 wks till our soft open, we are kicking into overdrive.  I pretty much drove yesterday. All day.  With only short spurts of being some where for a few minutes.  That really tired me out, not only physically, but knowing that gas is almost $4 a gallon, tires me out as well. Then coming home to cook dinner.... I was just out of energy.  I was becoming resentful that I had to buy so much gas, I have to take 2 trips a day to the town our business is in (until school is out for my son) which is about an hour round trip.  Hubby is so focused, rightly so, on getting the business going, that he hasn't been as helpful as he had been with the house (he normally has kitchen clean up)  Money is just squeaky tight.... the grass/weeds are getting higher, the bath tub is getting dirtier....   Bills need to be paid..... I have a lot of hats to wear right now, and it's just getting tiring and at times frustrating.

But, this morning, I apologized to my husband.  He can't be distracted from what he needs to do because I'm getting a little tired.  I need to remember to be that good, supportive wife that he needs right now in his life.  He's visiting with some buddies tonight for "guys night", which means he'll be leaving the store early tonight.... Which means for me to take things a little slower today.  I'm finishing a full pot of tea before leaving today.  I'm taking time to get my thoughts on this blog.  I'm regrouping so I can be the wife he needs and so I can be the mom my son needs. 

When wearing so many different hats, you need to take some time to sort them out.  How about you?  What do you need to do when you are feeling overwhelmed?  Are you like me and become short and impatient with your loved ones?  Do you have to tell yourself to knock it off and chill out?  What works for you? 

Until next time friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment