Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Meet Toby.

 
 
Hey Everybody,  This is a bad picture, but as you can imagine, the subject is a wiggly little monster.  Who is this you ask?  Meet  *Toby*  ..... ahhh, isn't he a cutie? 
 
 
 
 
 
Exactly one week after losing Harry, when my heart was far from healed, this little boy showed up in our bushes at the front of the house.  I was working in the garden when I heard his tiny voice.  I went into the garage to get a shovel and I heard a little tiny meow.  I stopped in my tracks thinking... no, it can't be..... I walked over to the bushes and out popped this little tiny baby.  Cute as a button and he walked up to me cautiously. Even though I tried to resist the urge to go pick him up, I just couldn't.  It wouldn't hurt for me to comfort him a bit and check to see if it's a boy or a girl?  No, of course not. 
 
 
 
Crap!  It's a boy!  Did I mention how cute he is?  So, here in the midst of my grief, the universe decides that I need a sweet little 5 week old boy...... a CUTE 5 week old boy.  No.  I'm not ready for this I thought.  This would be wrong.... I mean, I just lost my Harry.  So, I crunched up some food for him and crossed my fingers that his Momma would come back for him.  That was at 2:30 in the afternoon.  He had not eaten any food at 7:30p.  He was too young for that food.  I took pictures and sent them to hubby.  Let's let him decide..... yea, that's what I'll do....
 
 
 
So, Hubby arrives home and I take him out front to meet the little one.  But instead, we hear only crying... scared crying.  Help! crying.... he was stuck underneath the steps.  He had crawled into a crack under our steps and couldn't find his way out.  Luckily after putting my fingers in the hole and calling him a few times, he came out.  My husband's first response was "Oh my goodness!"  I think he was shocked at how cute he was as well.  He said "You better go get this boy some food or he'll starve!"  Hubby and son took him inside while I went to Target and got him some baby mush supplies. 
 
 
 
 
He needed some help getting started eating the mush, but took to it pretty quickly.  He ate like he was starving!  Momma never did come back for him.  He is pretty small so we figured that he just couldn't keep up with the group and got left behind.  But that's OK.  I miss my Harry.  He will always be with me, but this boy makes the hurt go away a little bit. 
 
 
 
I guess you have figured out by now, that he is a part of our family now.  He is almost 10 weeks old and full of energy!  I love love LOVE this boy!  He is the prettiest kitty I've ever had!  (Shhhh, don't tell the other kitties!) 
 
 
Here's to being just one kitty short of being the crazy cat lady! 
 
 
Have a Happy Thanksgiving everybody!  I already have everything I could wish for and am so thankful!!!   PS- Hubby says Toby is my Christmas gift, hmmmm, I wonder if he'll sit pretty under the tree with a ribbon on his head?  :)  






No comments:

Post a Comment