Monday, September 24, 2012

What's a birthday girl to do?

Hey Everybody, 


I am anticipating my birthday coming up in just a couple of days!  I'm already daydreaming about sleeping in, reading and having several cups of tea and basically doing whatever I want. 

I've got so much I want to do, that I know that I won't have time to do everything I want.  I already know that I will be staying home alllllll day. Staying home is a sweet privelege now that we have the business, so this year, I am home bound!  Preferably in jammies or comfy jeans that I am no longer allowed to wear out in public.  Yep, they are that comfy!  These jeans are meant for the garden's eyes only. 

I have imagined a day full of bread baking, cheese making and garden setting.  Unfortunately, even though I want to cross my arms and say NO! like a preschooler, I will have to do laundry.  My family wants clean clothes again this week!  Sheesh! 

I have noticed in my years that once you become an adult, especially an adult with children, that we tend to let our birthdays swing on by like it's nothing special.  One of the saddest things is to wish somebody a happy birthday and their reply is "Oh, thanks,  it's just another day." Followed by a weak smile.  Not me. Oh no. I'm not going down like that. I haven't and never will work on my birthday.   I don't cook on my birthday.  (unless I really want to, which to date has never happened for the dinner meal.)  So no asking momma what's for dinner this wednesday.  It's my one day to be selfish and do what I want.

Here's something else you won't find me doing on my birthday..... complaining that it's my birthday!  I am proud and excited to turn 41 this year.  So you won't ever hear me saying the second anniversary of my so and so birthday.  I'm getting older and that's luck that some folks didn't get the pleasure to experience. 

I've noticed that I celebrate for more than one day..... I've been managing to squeak out a whole week of celebrating being me in recent years and this year won't be any different!  I will have a happy day at home to myself on my actual birthday, then this friday I'll be bowling with my family and friends, a girls night on Saturday and a triple birthday party this sunday!  I'll be celebrating my birthday along with my lovey hubby and my Muzzy who's turning 91 this year!

So what's the point of my rant today?  I guess it's to love your birthday.  Whether you are tween, a college kid, thirty something or on the other side of 40.... love your day!  It's your day, enjoy it.  Rock it out and own it. 

How's that song go?..... I'm sexy and I know it..... yea baby, that's me!


To 41 more years!

No comments:

Post a Comment