Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Organizing the Armoire, Kitty Cat Watching and Shredding!

Hey All,

Finally getting back into my groove of organizing again.  This past Monday I should've gone to the grocery store, but the rainy, cold weather helped me decide to stay home.  I'm amazed at how fast my brain can work to come up with a menu plan for dinner when I seriously don't want to leave the house!  It took me about 2 seconds to realize I had all the makings for a spaghetti dinner.  So, since I didn't need to worry with such things as feeding my family, I was ready to turn my sites on something else.....

Enter obnoxious mess here:

 
 
Yea.  I know.  You don't have to tell me it's bad.  This is where all things paper and things I don't know what to do with go to die.  There's everything in there from a printer from the 90's to binoculars .... wooooweeee I was not looking forward to this.  But, it needed to be done.  So out came every paper clip, every pencil, every expired coupon and every lost receipt.  I started sorting, tossing and donating.  With sweat on my brow, I finally got to a point where things were looking a little less monster like. 
 


See that pile on the floor on the right?  That's old bills that I need to take to have shredded.  I have a shredder, but not the 200 hours that I would need to shred it all.  Did I mention that I have another large bag full of things that need shredding in my spare bedroom?  I didn't?  Well, yea. I do.  I'm what ya call a non-shredding hoarder I guess.  I always mean to do it when there's just a few, but then life happens and I end up with 2 big bags of it.  I know that I could bite at it a bit at a time, but I'm gonna bite the bullet instead and take it to Office Max to be shredded.  I know myself all to well. I know that I could do it myself and save some money. But if I do, I will do another blog in the future and have yet another bag of stuff that needs to be shredded.  For a small fee I'm willing to pay to have it done and over with.  Let's say that one of my resolutions in 2013 will be to come up with a better way to handle documents that need shredding.  Any hints??

Anyway,  I finally finished and even though I'm not as excited with this as I was my coat closet, I'm still pretty happy. 

Now, you may be asking yourself, Kim, why are those binoculars still in there?  The answer is simple.  I like to look at the feral kitties waaaaay across the way at my neighbor's house.  Honest!  I'm not a peeping Tom or a nosy neighbor!  But, really, doesn't this look a lot better?  Now I have to admit that my grandmother just gave me 2 free passes to a local museum and where did I put it?  I plopped it right in my newly cleaned/organized armoire.  I don't want to lose them of course.  I need to get a pretty little basket specifically for coupons/gift cards/discount cards.  I wish I could count how many times we've had a coupon only to forget about it and find it later!  What a drag! 

So there it is..... one more cleaning/organizing goal complete! 

Now, this is just for fun..... my new kitty Xander!  See ya guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment