Saturday, May 4, 2013

Reorganizing the Spare Bedroom Closet

Hey Everyone,

I know it's been awhile, but I'm still pluggin' away on cleaning out and organizing my house.  I've finished the downstairs, now I need to move upstairs.  I started in the spare bedroom because it was crying out for help the loudest.  I didn't even think to take pictures.  I didn't really do too much in there.  We use it as a game room for our son and storage really right now.  We rarely, if ever, have guests over, so we really need to use this room for function.  The main thing I did was organize the filing cabinet. But, we'll talk about that project another day.  So, the closet....yeah, it was kind of a mess as you can see. 


So, I got to work.  I went through each item deciding if it stays, gets donated, gets trashed or gets moved to a new home in the house. 


It seems that I have a problem with saving gift bags and even old Christmas cards.  Maybe I look at Pinterest too much??  Things got stuffed down in this "organizer" that didn't belong.


I found my vacuum cleaner bags in there!  That is a sign that maybe this organizer is not working out for me... ya think?


Of course Toby was there inspecting my work....


I finally got everything out except for hubby's record collection.  He put them there when we moved in our house in 2003 and he said that I can take them out of this closet when he is dead.  I'm not kidding, he really said that.... he is serious about his record collection, even though he hasn't touch them in 10 years... *shrugging shoulders*


My wrapping paper "organizer" went into the donate pile quicker than anything.... no wonder it was on clearance for $1.99 when I bought it. 


I'll show you guys the after picture in my next post.... but the question for now is.... what do I do with all this wrapping paper now???  Don't worry, I've got plans!  ;)

Until Next Time Friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment